After months of development, v3 of Yidio is ready and we are excited to finally make it public today!
Yidio’s goal is to provide the best platform to watch TV and movies online. With this launch, we have developed many new features to enhance discovery of new entertainment, create real-time conversations regarding TV shows or movies, and increase organization throughout the site.
With Yidio now reaching 4 million unique visitors and 32 million pageviews each month, we want to thank our loyal users who continue continue to drive adoption of our easy-to-use episode guide that has made Yidio one of the top destinations to watch TV online. With the v3 launch, we hope to make the Yidio experience even better.
- Increased functionality to provide easier access to the shows you love most!
- Intelligent Auto-Suggest Search.
- New directories that include sorting options to search for shows by specific networks.
- Enhanced personalized TV Schedules based on your Favorite shows.
- “Daily Reminder” sent straight to your email or Facebook account so you never forgot when new episodes of your shows are on.
- Build your own “Queue” to keep a list of your must watch episodes.
- Ability to “Like” episodes, movies, and activity.
- Discovery Engine that recommends content based on your interactions on Yidio. The more you “Like,” “Favorite,” and “Discuss” your favorite shows, the more accurate the recommendations become.
- Search for a specific episode by season # and episode # and receive accurate results. Results expand to provide instant access to link results.
- Real-Time Conversation that provides threaded comments for easy viewing and replying. Communicate in real-time with Yidio users and instantly share your activity across Facebook and Twitter with all of your friends.
- Read and respond to Twitter conversations real-time.
- Real-Time discussions search so you can always find something to talk about!
- Wondering if a show is hot or not? Every page has a graphical representation that displays how your favorite shows are trending amongst Yidio users.
- We have decided to forgo our music dream to focus all our attention on providing the best TV & Movie experience possible. We hate to see it go, however, Yidio will be better positioned to focus on what it does best.
Thanks again for everyone’s support and please let us know your thoughts about the new site. All feedback is greatly appreciated.